Tuesday, September 1, 2009

It's September!

I know that people are always saying things like, "Where did August go?" when it seems like time is flying. But really, where did August go? It is September 1st today, and the Madison public schools are back in session. I guess August went by so quickly for me because Einar and I spent 1/3 of it on vacation in the Northwest.

We had a great time visiting our brothers and brother-in-law in Seattle and Vancouver. We saw a lot of sights, sampled some local beer and ice cream, and genuinely enjoyed our time. I've posted some pictures below.

Unrelated to our vacation, since Einar and I now have health care coverage (thanks, GHC!), we went in for physicals last week. Nothing too exciting - just wanted to meet our doctor and get a check-up. We both got Tdap boosters (Tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis), which resulted in each of us having a sore shoulder for a few days. Other than that, we are healthy. I, of course, got a referral for a colonoscopy. Fun times. I'm waiting to hear from the clinic about scheduling that. It feels good to have health insurance!!

View of Seattle from West Seattle (Alki)

It's the Space Needle!


View from the Space Needle.

Snoqualmie Falls


This was taken on the way to Whister, at Shannon Falls.


This was taken near the base of Shannon Falls.


Erik and I are imitating Dad's reaction to cold mountain creeks!

Einar contemplates his next step as he crosses the creek.


Lost Lake at Whistler

Lost Lake again.


By the suspension bridge in North Vancouver.

On the suspension bridge.

Look, it's a tiny door!


Lions Gate Bridge is behind us.


At Queen Elizabeth Park in Vancouver - mountains in background

No comments: