Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Grammy's birthday

On Tuesday, November 11, 2008, my mom's mom (my Grammy) celebrated her 95th birthday!  I wish I had been able to be with her that day and that I would be able to go to her birthday party next week.  However, I have gotten to spend some time with her within the past year.

The above pictures were taken in May 2008, when Einar and I were on our way back to Madison from the Twin Cities.  We stopped to visit Grammy, and we even joined her for dinner at her nursing home!  It was a great visit.  (Sometime I will have to write about our dinner.)  She is my sole living grandparent, so I really wanted her to come to our wedding.  And she did come, thanks to the efforts of my parents.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess it's been awhile since I've actually opened your blog and particularly enjoyed reading this special one with pictures. When I talk with your Grammy on the phone she often asks about Einar and Amy and she thinks "Amy REALLY got a super husband!" She proudly shares her mini photo album of the wedding with her visitors. She was happy to get your card and email!
Love, Mom

Alphabet Kid said...

I think I got a super husband, too!