Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spring rain

It is very gray and rainy today. It makes me want to curl up on the couch with a good book, a cup of hot chocolate or hot tea, and Kimchi.

I've noticed the past couple of mornings that it is lighter out when I get up than it was a couple weeks ago. I know this happens, that the amount of daylight increases from the winter solstice to the summer solstice, but it's pretty cool to notice it. After the switch to daylight savings time, it was pitch black at 6am. Now, it's not bright by any means, but the sky is definitely less dark. That makes it a little easier to get out of bed and exercise. And once the temps are above 40 in the morning, I'll head outside to jog. Hooray!!

I have a box of Betacam tapes sitting on the corner of my desk, ready to be shipped. I had to use a Sharpie to cross out some of the pre-printed writing on the box. The air smells of Sharpie. For some reason, though, my nose is interpreting that smell as pepperoni. Weird.

2 comments:

Einar said...

Where's your husband in your first paragraph scenario? :(

Alphabet Kid said...

He's sitting at the end of the couch practicing his keyboarding skillz. Or maybe instead of reading, we're watching a movie.