Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Salmon Burgers

My family usually eats pretty healthy meals. We use whole food ingredients, and we try to avoid processed foods as much as possible. With our busy schedule, though, it is sometimes difficult to eat as healthy as I'd like. Last night, I didn't start making dinner for my husband and me until 8:30pm! Yuck. I don't like eating that late.

However, I was able to whip up these delicious salmon burgers and have them on our plates in about 15 minutes. I was so hungry and tired, that I didn't even take a picture!

I served them with some leftover sourdough bread and steamed broccoli. They would've been delicious with a creamy dill sauce, but I'll have to try that another day. This recipe could easily be doubled or tripled.

Easy Salmon Burgers
1 can (6 oz.) skinless boneless salmon
1 large egg, beaten
1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs (I used what I happened to have in the cupboard, but you could easily use quick oats.)

Mix all ingredients together and form two patties. Heat 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes per side.

What is your go-to quick meal for busy nights?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have a lot of go to meals but one favorite that I just made the other day uses chopped cabbage, hamburger, onions, soy sauce and a couple of packages of beef ramen noodles to make a sort of Chinese stirfry. You add the actual noodles right at the end so they are kind of crunchy tender, it's one of Zach's fav's.