Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Lake Monona 20K 2017

Way back in 2010, a friend of mine and I decided to run the Lake Monona 20K. Twenty kilometers is 12.4 miles, making it 0.7 miles shy of a half marathon. That's a long way to run! I survived it well enough that I decided to do it again in 2011.

Then, in 2014, I planned to do it again, but my ankles and knees didn't agree. As 2016 came to an end, I found myself considering this long run once more. I asked a few friends, and one of them said she'd do it with me!

Now, we are 17 days away from the May 6, 2017, event. We've been training hard, and it's hard to believe that in just over 2 weeks, all of our hard work will be put to the test. When I registered, I also registered to raise money for the summer mission trip I'm going on with some of the high school youth from St. John's (Evansville, WI). If you feel so inspired, you can make a financial donation. My friend and I should cross the finish line around 11:30am. Come cheer for us!

No comments: