Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ellis

A few weeks ago, a friend of ours asked if we'd be interested in going to a concert in town at the High Noon Saloon. She described Ellis, the singer/songwriter, as pretty folksy and one of her favorites. I asked if she could loan us some of Ellis's music, but that we'd probably go. When I finally got to listen to some of her music, I immediately thought, "This is my kind of music." It's exactly the kind of songwriting that has made me love David Wilcox, Paul Simon, Peter Mayer, and Mary Chapin Carpenter.

So, we went to the show, and it was great! She played for about an hour and a half, by herself, talking and telling stories. If you haven't heard of Ellis, check her out. You can start by watching this video:

Ellis at Sisters Folk Festival 09 from michael kevin daly on Vimeo.

No comments: