Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Possiblity

About a month ago, a guy I work with at Mariner's Inn told me that a job would be coming available where he works (National Center for Media Engagement), and he thought I'd be a good candidate for it. I told him to let me know when the job was posted. Two days later, I found out that I'd be losing my job at Tweedee at the end of June. I sent him a text message to let him know and to remind him to keep me posted about the possible job.

The following week, I saw the opening for Engagement Manager on their website. I downloaded the full job description, and I immediately felt overwhelmed by the application process. I would have to submit a 2-page narrative, my resume, writing samples, and complete their application plus a couple other forms. It was going to be a bear to apply. But my friend told me he thought I'd be a great candidate, and he agreed to give me some advice.

Long story short: I mailed my application yesterday, and they should have it today! My friend gave me some advice about my narrative and resume last week, but when I asked for a final review this week, he told me he couldn't offer me any more assistance. Because he is on the hiring committee! I feel that my chances at getting this job are pretty good, but I have no idea what the other candidates will have to offer. Now I'm in wait-and-see mode. Please pray that I at least get an interview. I will keep you posted as things progress.

No comments: