Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Health Insurance

After Einar and I got married, I was able to get on his health insurance through his employer.  I jumped at the chance!  I was shocked, however, when my new health plan, Dean Health, denied my claim for my annual colonoscopy because it was with an out-of-network provider.  This colonoscopy has been scheduled in June, and Einar's HR person had told him it should be covered.  I had even gotten a referral from a Dean doctor for it.

I have filed a grievance with Dean Health, and I am hoping that they will reverse their decision.  The grievance proceedings should be complete within 30 days.

2 comments:

sandwichinwi said...

I get to leave the first comment!!!! (Come on, Einar! Post on your lovely wife's blog!)

I love your picture!

I miss you. I wish we still saw each other on a weekly basis. It's not as fun without you.

Call me if you're coming in to town and it's a Monday or Wed.

Blessings,
Sandwich

Alphabet Kid said...

Yay! A comment. I get what you mean now about narcissism. I will definitely let you know when/if we're going to be in MH.

Thanks for the comment!
Alphabet Kid